Product Owner SAFER OneTM
As the Product Owner for the SAFER One SaaS Product, you will define new features from conception-to-delivery and maintenance lifecycles in collaboration with our Development team, Director of Product, and key internal stakeholders. It will be your responsibility to manage the execution of the SAFER One FEATURE Release Roadmap through a combination of personal initiative and cross-functional collaboration, including SCRUM / Agile representation of the business in development meetings. You will serve as the primary SME with all involved functional areas, and provide a focal point for the development process. In the role of Product Owner, you will execute and maintain Features definition in the SAFER One Product Roadmap Tool and be the owner of all required analysis and documentation in support of development and operational efforts.
As the SAFER One Product Owner you will:
- Manage product life cycle: product conception for each feature release, collaborate on sprint planning with the Development Manager and Director of Product to build out user stories, specifications, documentation, and SCRUM/Agile standup team representation of the business.
- Work closely with the Development Manager and assist engineering and support teams in the product development cycle, contributing to design, workflow, functionality, and product documentation, and all tickets and workflows in development tools as required by Product. (e.g. JIRA, Confluence).
- Prioritize and maintain features in the product backlog by working closely with the Development Manager and Director of Product to achieve Initiatives aligned to Strategic Goals.
- Produce technically-focused user stories, then collaborate with team members to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria, working closely with QA and Development Team. Accept or reject work results.
- Establish goals and user metrics to measure effectiveness after release, then monitor and report on progress and develop and manage the accompanying documentation for each new product, product release and/or emergency updates in production
- Seek out and champion innovative enhancement to products; be an expert on product subject matter.
- Assist the Director of Product Management in preparing and presenting roadmaps, performance reports, special research projects, KPI’s and financial results for the products as required.
- Experience in of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle and managing technology projects
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and SaaS technologies like JAVA EE, service oriented architecture, Web APIs
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to communicate complex concepts in writing and in spoken words, and be able to balance the competing needs of stakeholders and resource constraints
Experience or at least Scrum Product Owner or equivalent training or experience working with agile software development teams